This recipes is one of those moments where I just wanted to try something different. I was craving stuffed mushrooms, junk food, and bacon! Well, bacon is sort of an ever present craving really.
Fortunately, this recipe was also one those moments where trying something new paid off! Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the product as this was made before I started the blog. I haven’t made it again because my boyfriend had two new people, and this was a really a dish for two or an appetizer. When I make this again, I will be sure to add a photo.
• 1 block of cream cheese
• 2 cups of shredded cheese
• 1.5 cups bacon bits
• Green onions
• 1 fresh Jalapeno, chopped
• Panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
• 1 carton of baby portabella mushrooms
Let cream cheese come to room temperature. Remove the mushroom stem from the cap. Place all mushroom caps in a pan. Chop all mushroom stems. Put all the ingredients including the mushroom stems but the panko bread crumbs in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Fill the caps with the mix. Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs on the filled mushroom caps. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes.
• The filling makes a really great dip, so don’t waste the excess, eat it with some tortillas chips. We did!
• I removed all the seeds from the jalapeño before adding it. This really prevented the filling from being too spicy to be enjoyable.
• When I made it, I also added the panko into the filling mix, but it isn’t necessary. That extra step did not bring much to the table.